What mistakes do investors often make when investing in the Malaysian market?

• What mistakes do investors often make when investing in the Malaysian market?

• I think everyone has heard the mantra “ Location, Location, Location” which I think is over rated.
    The actual mantra that any investor, be it foreign or local, is “ Price. Price. Price” At the correct price point, properties in any location can make money.
    To give you a context, KLCC which is equal to “Kowloon” has arguably the best location. The infrastructure is properly connected with LRT and monorail and highways, it is home to Suria shopping centre, it is surrounded by Grade A offices with high paying jobs.
    But if you invested in a condo there since 2010 vs investing in a Tier 2 area like Puchong, which is equivalent to Sha Tau Kok, you would have doubled your money if you invested in Puchong.
    This is because the entry price governs how much money you make.
    How then do you determine what is the correct price to pay?
    We use the term area median price.
    In that sense, especially foreigners, are paying way above the area’s median price.
    So my advise, NEVER pay foreigner price.
    Pay what the locals pay here in Malaysia.

For more insights to the Malaysian Real Estate market watch an episode I did with Denzity here: https://youtu.be/l7InUDbx0m0