I assume the electrical power grid would affect the potential profitability. Is there any difference between the Hong Kong Island side and Kowloon side? if so, is there a preference and do companies normally locate in both?

• I assume the electrical power grid would affect the potential profitability. Is there any difference between the Hong Kong Island side and Kowloon side? if so, is there a preference and do companies normally locate in both?

• I think hong kong in general is quite a good place for data centres
    Reliable power supply
    Low electricity cost
    Lot of network connectivity
    Stable climate (relatively)

Reliable Power supply
    CLP Power Hong Kong Limited (CLP), one of two electricity suppliers in Hong Kong, achieves over 99.9%8supply reliability for Kowloon and the New Territories.

Low electricity costs
    HK (CPL Power) charges the lowest electricity tariffs among major cities such as Singapore, Sydney, London and New York, at only HKD1.15 (USD0.13) per kilowatt-hour (kWh)9.

Network connectivity
    Over 250 internet service providers licensed to provide broadband services in HK10. HK has the world’s second fastest internet download speed over fixed broadband (170 Mbps)11.

Data protection
    HK has implemented The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to protect personal data collection. This attracts demand from mainland firms emphasizing the internationalisationof their service.

Sometimes it’s good to supplement expert advice with your own research as well. Recently I did an episode with Denzity on how you can do real estate research like a pro. You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/ZHzeYX_6sjk