What is the process of someone in Hong Kong buying real estate in Tokyo? Tax? Rules of engagement?

• What is the process of someone in Hong Kong buying real estate in Tokyo? Tax? Rules of engagement?

• EXPERT

I recommend new buyers of JP properties to buy first-hand properties from developers because of better services and quality assurance. Buyers can buy through reputable property agencies that performed due diligence and provides after-sale services including letting management.

There will be a one-off acquisition tax of 3% (on assessed value, usually lower than transacted price) and 2% registration tax. During the Holding period, the property is taxed 1.7% on the assessed value of Fixed Assets and Urban Planning Taxes per annum. If the rental amount p.a. is less than JPY 1.95 million, a tax rate of 5% is applicable. At the point of exit, if the property is sold within 5 years, capital gain tax of 30% is applicable. If it is sold beyond 5 years, the capital gain tax will be reduced to 15%.

• This is great info!
    thanks 😀 I see you guys are hosting an event. I'll drop by