What's next in PropTech?

• admin

What's next in PropTech?

• admin

I’ve been researching this topic to help a colleague at work recently, so I feel like I can provide an overview of what the proptech thought leaders have to say about it! Here’s what most of them agree about:

• AI is going to be immensely valuable. It predicts that by 2030, AI will add $15 trillion to the global GDP! The digitalization of the real estate industry still lags in comparison to other areas, so proptech companies have a lot to catch up on. We can expect further development of virtual reality, client validation, smart contracts, virtual assistants, voice bots, and more!

• Development of “hotelification.” “Hotelification” means that the rental properties are starting to resemble hotels more and more, by, for example, offering their tenants some amenities, like cleaning or dog walking. But this year, hotelification might turn into a full-on AirBnB experience by offering units to tourists or the tenant’s friends and family for a short-term rental.

• The quest to simplify all transactions will continue. Real estate transactions are known to be complicated. The companies are fighting to make them simpler and cut as many intermediaries as possible. The technology is finally making it possible so that we can anticipate even more life-saving apps.

*Smart apartments will go fully mainstream. The technology is being adopted not only by the individual owners but across the whole residencies as a part of the owners’ portfolio. The companies will, therefore, race to provide the best UX possible.

These are not the only predictions out there. However, these are the top 4 that has repeated the most consistently. Do you think they’ll come true by the end of the year?