Can I use funds from investors in my home country to create a construction company in Japan that builds and sells properties while I am on working visa? How much investment will be required to create the company and build a mansion in Edogawa-ku?

• Can I use funds from investors in my home country to create a construction company in Japan that builds and sells properties while I am on working visa? How much investment will be required to create the company and build a mansion in Edogawa-ku?

• admin

Your biggest problem is that your job is probably in violation of your work visa. Unless you have permission to do work outside your visa status, you are SOL. You can't be an English teacher by day and have a construction company or real estate company on the side. If immigration finds out, they will shut you down, or the worst case takes away your work visa.
    Also, if people are sending large sums of money to you from overseas, you will need to declare it to the tax office because they will regard this as income or that you are laundering money. Any amount over $10,000 you need to declare to the tax office. I know this because I had money sent to me from overseas, and then I had the tax office calls wanting to know where the money was from and what it was for. If you don't have an established company in Japan, it could look mighty fishy.

===

Yes, it is possible to use the funds from local investors to create a construction company in Japan.
    To start the business, it is necessary to have the following license:

1. License for construction of a building
    2. License for managing the selling process

For creating a company and building a mansion in Edogawa-Ku, you might want to invest at least 10 million JPY as startup capital.
    Anything less than that might not be considered severe by the local businesses.
    The level of involvement you can have with the company depends on the type of visa you hold and the permissions it gives.
    In addition to this, when entering a new market, it is a common practice to form a Joint Venture with a local company.
    It is a significant contribution to the business because the local company has the knowledge and can help to build a reputation in the domestic market.
    If you need assistance with the establishment of the business and further consultation, it would be our pleasure to help you.
    As the Real Estate Consulting Company, we provide a full line of services for Expats in Japan, including property management, investment, property purchase, and sale.