The tax you pay will be based on several different factors:
- property type (residential / non-residential)
- total purchase value
- are you a permanent resident of Hong Kong? If so, do you own any other properties in Hong Kong?
- are you purchasing the property under a company name? or as an individual?
- you are buying as an individual
- you are a permanent resident of Hong Kong and don't own any other properties
- you are purchasing a residential property
Then your stamp duty payable will follow the following scale: